Located on the grounds of a listed building known as Withiel House, The Mowhay was previously used as the house stables. Mrs Jarrett converted the dilapidated barn, into her new home and to host visiting guests.
A home built around your needs and lifestyle is a strong theme in ARCO2’s architecture and is a design focus in this project.
- Modest Underground Swimming Pool
- 2 New Guest Bedrooms
- Courtyard Elevation
The Mowhay courtyard was designed to collect the southern sun. The final design captures a sense of place and warmth.
- Morning eastern light in the breakfast room
- Comfortable, naturally lit living spaces
- Midday/evening sun bathes the swimming pool and terrace.
The Mowhay far exceeds the existing building regulation requirements through well informed sustainable design.
- Recycled Newspaper Insulation
- Flat Roof with Green Sedum Matting
- Highly Conscious of Neighbouring Properties
- Very Low Running Costs